Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Break

Taking a bit of a break for a few days and wanted to let everyone know that I wont be blogging or posting. I'm not feeling the greatest and I do have a few appointments. I am grateful for your understanding!! I am going to be organizing the items of mine that I have which I will post for those who may be in need of them, such as fabric (I love remnants!!!), beads, and scraps of this and that. Some things I used to enjoy and no longer do and have items of miniature making potential or other craft/hobby potential for any individual who wishes to donate a project/roombox/home for auction or strict donation such as I am doing. I hope I can help!!

I will also be posting a list soon for two websites that I have up, paperminis.com and paperwishes.com as I have wishlists for those sites. One is, of course, my favorite site and good friend Ann's paper mini's site that boasts brilliant books beaming full of readable words, brilliant smooth pages, and kits that pictures cannot justify! Trust me! And to top it off, Ann is so generous that every single month she has a free project for everyone in the club (and all you have to do is email her! Hello!!!?!!!!) and they are AMAZING projects!! One of my favorites was last Halloween when she had a printable halloween costume and candy!!! Ann's kits are amazingly priced even with the crazy market and the quality is unsurpassed! Don't believe me? Give one a try! I dare you! With $ tight for everyone I can always be reassured that I can do Ann's free project and sometimes that's literally all the items I have!!! I am posting my wishlists to see if anyone can help when they place an order on her popular website by even purchasing a single item to go towards my projects. The other site is a favorite scrapbooking site and favorite only because of the "mom's warehouse sales" and cheap grouped specials. I hope that anyone who knows or is a scrapbooker will help with this or even let others know, or perhaps if you've gone digital like the rest of the world (except me!!) I would love for any scraps, tools, distressing items, stamps, stickers, paper, vellum, how to books/mags, etc, to help me. I use scrapbook paper to wallpaper rooms! I use scrapbook stickers to make things stick together when I am low on adhesives. I use embellishments on my special love....dressing wood, no kidding! Please check out Ann's site if you havent become familiar with it and also the scrap site. I would appreciate any and all help. If you are in a club, tell them. If you have a large or small family, please tell them my story and see if anyone can help. Coworkers? Anyone? Even one kit, one piece of paper, it all helps!!! I can make a ton of things out of one sheet!

I think that my passion will be hobbies and crafts, and a few things I have to keep secret as a miniaturist who wants to sell one day!, as well as babies...all things babies. From making them, to clothes, toys, mommy's with their babies and toddlers, period furniture, modern working toys, modern fashions and themes, and dressing beds. And when I get a plain bed, I totally rip the bed off, make a matress, make sheets (yes, both fitted and plain), a comforter of the very, very small amount of Rattan (I think thats what this fancy stuff is!?) and satin (only feels like the real deal, can't afford the real stuff) and then I sew that fancy by hand, glue on a beautiful bedskirt that I have pleated by hand, and now, on this first dressed bed, I am attaching a beautiful drape over it with tulle and handsewn beads on the ruffle. (This is the first bed I've made, it's not the bed in the pictures you've seen, it's for the women's shelter....an elegant bed to the place that owns a piece of me, a huge piece of the woman who still wonders when I'll be back there with a black eye and they'll welcome me with open arms...a bed to those who've given me more strength than I thought I had, they are the ones who will get the elegant, most beautiful bed I've ever made or ever will make again, my rattan, satin, beaded beauty will forever be a gazing point in a house that fosters not beauty but understanding, not riches but knowing that life means so much more than worrying about $, and THE only house, the ONLY PEOPLE that I can honestly say I've told my story to, my whole story, to the most graphic detail I still recall and smell and fear, they hold my secret, in a file in an office, and to represent that, the office will be in the home, and a letter, a mini secret letter, will be tucked between the sheets on the bed of my dreams. That home will be done one day, not soon, because my heart is put with every stitch, my memory brings tears sometimes when I finish a piece or decide that its not good enough, just like me, never good enough, and then I remember all too well how often I have been that person, and still am sometimes....too afraid, too frail, too alone, too hurt to ever truly trust again, and I start over on a new piece, because truly it has to represent freedom, strange women that had never met me suddenly holding my hands as I collapse and cry, and feeling for the first time in my entire life...I mattered.

So, as I cry here now....sorry about that but I cannot explain that house too much as this is how I get...it's going to be a truly emotional day the day I walk in and give the home to the women and children who are there today, only remembered by staff because I retold my story, and to leave the house in a different way than I left it last time. This time I leave I think and I pray and I hope that I feel I've only just begun to repay what they've done for me, things they will never even know. That is what life is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment